Photos on Gimme a Little Sugar on the Weekend are originals taken by Miriam Latour and under copyright protection.
Recipes are originals by Miriam Latour, unless otherwise indicated.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rhubarb-Strawberry Crumble Pie


These didn't turn out to be the prettiest pies I ever made, but by the way my family devoured them, I have to say they were a success.

Cut up 1 lb of rhubarb and 1 qt. of strawberries. Combine them in a bowl and sprinkle them with 1 cup of sugar (or to taste) and 1/2 cup flour. Add 1 tsp vanilla (optional) and stir carefully to coat the fruit.



Divide fruit mixture between two pie crusts. Top with the following crumble mixture:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt


Bake at 375ºF for 35 - 40 minutes

1 comment:

  1. I don't think there is anything that sparks nostalgia in me like strawberry rhubarb pie. Also good if you substitute rasins for the strawberries.

    ReplyDelete