Photos on Gimme a Little Sugar on the Weekend are originals taken by Miriam Latour and under copyright protection.
Recipes are originals by Miriam Latour, unless otherwise indicated.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sandkuchen

 This recipe is a German pound cake recipe that a coworker of mine (Annie) gave to me after bringing the cake to a work party.  I'm printing the recipe below exactly as she gave it, which was wonderful.  When I made it I had to make due with what I had in the fridge.  I replaced the margarine with butter and used real rum and lemon extract. I baked it in a bundt pan instead of springform pan or bread pans.  The result was delicious.


SANDKUCHEN:
1/2 lb margarine, softened

1/4 lb butter, softened

1 lb powdered sugar

6 eggs

1 1/3 C flour (measure before sifting)

1 1/3 C corn starch (measure before sifting)

1/2 tsp salt

1 T rum extract
juice of 1/2 lemon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together margarine, butter, and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth. Add eggs alternately with flour/corn starch mixture. Beat well. Add salt, rum extract, and lemon juice. Beat well. Pour into greased and floured 9" springform pan or 2 bread pans. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Dust top with powdered sugar, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment