Whole Grain Pumpkin-Banana Bread
Recipe found here
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) soft butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup puréed pumpkin
- 1 cup mashed banana, the riper the better
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup diced pecans, toasted
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.
2) In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, honey, eggs, pumpkin, banana, orange juice or water. and vanilla.
3) Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, stirring to combine.
4) Mix in the nuts, if you're using them.
5) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top of the loaf with Praline Pumpkin Seed Crunch or coarse white sparkling sugar, if desired. Allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes, uncovered.
6) Bake the bread for 55 to 70 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean; and that same tester inserted about 1/2" into the top of the loaf doesn't encounter any totally unbaked batter.
7) Remove the bread from the oven, and cool it on a rack. When it's completely cool, wrap it well in plastic wrap, and store it overnight before serving.
Yield: 1 loaf.