Photos on Gimme a Little Sugar on the Weekend are originals taken by Miriam Latour and under copyright protection.
Recipes are originals by Miriam Latour, unless otherwise indicated.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Burnt Sugar Bundt Cake with Caramel Rum Frosting


This cake is it. Please make it, please eat it. Fabulous! This cake comes from this cookbook, and is published online here. It makes a great holiday cake! I made a few adjustments in the recipe for high altitude and it came out perfect. I used cake flour and increased the flour by 6 Tbsp. I used cream with coconut liquor rather than coconut milk and increased the liquid by 2 Tbsp. I decreased the baking powder by 1/4 tsp and baked the cake at 350ºF for 45 minutes (which is 25º higher than the original recipe). I also added 2 Tbsp of spiced rum to the batter.



making burnt sugar mixture


Mmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment