Photos on Gimme a Little Sugar on the Weekend are originals taken by Miriam Latour and under copyright protection.
Recipes are originals by Miriam Latour, unless otherwise indicated.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chunky Mudslide Toffee Nut Ice Milk/Cream



I spent a couple of hours in the hot sun pulling weeds from my yard and garden today. This has become a daily ritual and is a never-ending chore. In a way, it's sort of relaxing. I feel like I'm hunting for truffles in the forest. But temperatures have reached 80ºF now, and by the time the sun blazes down, I'm ready to eat something frozen. Ice cream is an good dessert to experiment with. The possible flavors are endless, and it's easy to get creative without a huge disaster. This is one of my throw-in-what-I-had concoctions which turned out delicious.

Chunky Mudslide Toffee Nut Ice Milk/Cream

2 1/2 cups milk (or 3/4 cup milk and 1 3/4 cups cream)
3/4 cup Kahlua Mudslide Mix (non-alcoholic)
2 Tbsp Fresh ground coffee granules
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/4 cup chopped butterscotch morsels
1/4 cup toffee bits

Whisk first four ingredients together until combined. Place in ice cream freezer and process until partially frozen. Add other ingredients and continue to process until frozen. Serve with Kahlua pored over top (optional)

1 comment:

  1. well it said my comment was saved but I don't see it so just in case...this looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete