Photos on Gimme a Little Sugar on the Weekend are originals taken by Miriam Latour and under copyright protection.
Recipes are originals by Miriam Latour, unless otherwise indicated.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Simple Baked Rice Pudding



I went on a quick road trip for four days, and I had a lot of leftover milk. The milkman was about to deliver more as soon as I returned, so I thought I better use some up before I left. This is the easiest rice pudding I've ever made. Delicious, too. I pretty much made up the recipe and baked this while I was packing, so I was glad it turned out.

5 cups milk (or for richer pudding replace some of the milk with cream)
3 eggs
1/2 cup raw, white rice (I used Kokuho Rose)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Anything you like to add (lemon peel, nuts, raisins, cinnamon, etc.)

Heat the oven to 300ºF. Whisk together the milk and eggs. Add all the other ingredients and pour into a 9 x 13" pan. Bake for about 2 hours or until thick, stirring every 15 minutes for the first hour. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment